Floral Display

















Well I managed to finish this piece of tatting, it took much longer than I expected and I'm seriously bored with the pattern now, but the result was well worth the effort.

When I visited my sister the other weekend the last thing she handed to me on her front door step, before we sped off in the car, was a bag, no not one of her handmade bags, a plastic shopping bag! In the bag were lots of reels of tatting cotton that she did not want anymore, you see Jane is having a clear out ready for when she buys the Lizabeth cottons. So I could not wait to use them and this piece is the result, the colours are so vibrant don’t you think?!

Thank you Jane.

Comments

  1. Wow, LOVE this pattern and what you've done with it. Well the threads certainly found a good home for a short while. They'd been lurking in my cupboard for way too long!!! As you say - I've now got an excuse to buy more!!!
    Hmmm, was that a hint that you 'need' a tatting bag?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moley! That's a great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Maybe next time there will be a bag in the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great! You have a lot of patience to do nine nicely tatted squares without abdicating to tedium. I doff my hat, madam!

    Lucky you, to have a tatting sis with lots of extra threads! Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks rather cute with all the little motifs put together. Nice colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you tied them all together with the green thread! That is a very colorful mat. It's very pretty for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Nice!! I love all the colors you used. Especially the purples and blues.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is so cheerful with the bright colors, and you've done a great job finishing it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can agree with you about getting bored with a pattern, but I'm glad you continued with this. This mat is beautiful with all the different colours.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

100th Blog Anniversary

Renulek Doily finished

St. Andrews and Advent Giveaway