Winsome necklace


Having made so many of Jane's winsome earrings I decided to make a necklace using the same method and here it is. Quite a long necklace!









I must admit it was a bit of a fiddle taking the thread off the shuttles each time and feeding them through the beads, but it was well worth the effort.







I purchased some beads before the postage went up in the UK, being particularly interested in the flat shell beads which are so useful for both earrings and necklaces.  I was going to wait and look for these on holiday but decided that if I saw more I could buy them, as long as I remembered the colours that I  already have!  In the meantime I am actually using these beads now, so they were well worth purchasing.


Comments

  1. Gosh, you've finished it already. Lovely colours and even prettier in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Sally.
    How long did the necklace take you to tat?

    One way I have of remembering what colours I have,
    is to wind a small piece of coloured thread around a small piece of card. One coloured thread for each bead you have.

    Hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work, Sally! May be you want to try another pattern: my free Diane pattern with SSSR! Just one time threading all the baeds!
    greetings from Gunhild

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to use the winsome pattern for a necklace, it looks very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've made the earrings, so I can appreciate what a lot of work the necklace was! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anne it took a week to make the necklace but I generally don't have much time for tatting.
    Ah Gunhild I need to learn, but not only that use new techniques, I have quick lessons and then don't follow the techniques up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

100th Blog Anniversary

Renulek Doily finished

St. Andrews and Advent Giveaway