Three Ducks


We are now into the second week of the New Year and at last I am finding time to do some tatting, which is a real treat.   So I picked up Martha Ess's book Toys for Tatting and have chosen the quickest and easiest pattern the Rubber Duckies.   Aren't they cute?   I had such fun making them as her patterns are so easy to follow that I could go on making them forever, but there isn't much call for ducks unless I can find something to sew them onto.











As you can see there are two sizes, these are tatted in some old Coats 20 thread so they have come out a little larger than if I had used Lizbeth thread.



I know which pattern I am going to try next, but I am not working through the book, there are other tatting projects to explore and have discovered that it is not good to be tied down to one book!

Comments

  1. Cute! They'd look good on a towel perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of a towel Jane but worried about the eyes

      Delete
  2. Those are awesome ducks!!! :)
    When looking at the ducks it came to mind that it would be cool to tat several and then one gray one as the "Ugly Duckling" and stitch them on a baby blanket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what a good idea an 'ugly ducking' - very clever

      Delete
  3. Oh so refreshing to see these little ducks😄💟😄they are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks it certainly makes a change from Christmas stars and snowflakes doesn't it?!

      Delete
  4. You could tat a row of rubber duckies without the eyes and embroider an eye on each when you sew them to a towel. Framed rubber duckies on the bathroom wall would take care of the ones with beads for eyes. :) They are SO cute!
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you need to tat two more to take with you when you visit that gorgeous new grandson in Singapore - they would be wonderful for teaching numbers and playing the "Five Little Ducks Went Out One Day" game with him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these ducks, they are so cute! I will have to try out Martha's toy and fantasy patterns someday. She uses clever techniques and elements in her designs and I think it would be eye opening to learn how she has put everything together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These ducks are adorable! Martha has such clever ideas, and you did a great job tatting them. Could easily go in a frame.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

100th Blog Anniversary

Renulek Doily finished

St. Andrews and Advent Giveaway