In England we mark this day with bonfires and fireworks, although as the years have gone by it is less and less observed. The reason we are called to remember the 5th November is that on this day in 1605 Guy Fawkes was caught in the cellars of the Houses of Parliament, London with several dozen barrels of gunpowder. Guy Fawkes was subsequently tried as a traitor with his co-conspirators for plotting against the government . Which is the reason why a 'Guy' is made by stuffing newspaper into some old clothes to look like a man and then it is put on the top of the bonfire. Remember, remember, the 5th of November The Gunpowder Treason and plot; I see of no reason why Gunpowder Treason Should ever be forgot. So if you have stopped reading this blog by now you will not have realised that I am holding a 'giveaway' to mark this my 300th blog post, a day to remember for me and possibly you! This is what you will win when you comment giving one thing that you will remember...
I love your colors!
ReplyDeleteI love it! The colors are neutral but interesting. It would look really nice on my coffee table. ;-)
ReplyDeleteLove the colours.;-)
ReplyDeletethis is very pleasing I love the rectangular works in tatting and do them very little, I need to make them more. Love the Browns too!
ReplyDeleteHi Sally, I love the colour mixture you've created. How many more 'round/oblongs' are you hoping to have?
ReplyDeleteLooking good. I like those colours. Good negative spaces, I like that.
ReplyDeleteEstá hermoso me encantó me gustaría tener el diagrama para hacer lo
ReplyDelete