In England we mark this day with bonfires and fireworks, although as the years have gone by it is less and less observed. The reason we are called to remember the 5th November is that on this day in 1605 Guy Fawkes was caught in the cellars of the Houses of Parliament, London with several dozen barrels of gunpowder. Guy Fawkes was subsequently tried as a traitor with his co-conspirators for plotting against the government . Which is the reason why a 'Guy' is made by stuffing newspaper into some old clothes to look like a man and then it is put on the top of the bonfire. Remember, remember, the 5th of November The Gunpowder Treason and plot; I see of no reason why Gunpowder Treason Should ever be forgot. So if you have stopped reading this blog by now you will not have realised that I am holding a 'giveaway' to mark this my 300th blog post, a day to remember for me and possibly you! This is what you will win when you comment giving one thing that you will remember...
Beautiful wow that is like a placement size very pretty love the browns 💟🌹💟
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteThanks, yes if is is exactly that size!
DeleteI was thinking the colors remind me of café au lait. It's very pretty.
ReplyDeleteStephanieW
Fabulous! There's a lot of work in each round now, so give yourself a break, you're doing really well.
ReplyDeleteActually Jane I am having a break from tatting altogether, so timed just right
DeleteLovely mix of colours, Sally, they tone in together so well.
ReplyDeleteIt looks stunning already!!! :)
ReplyDeleteLovely! Now I'm longing for a frosty, coffee-flavoreddring!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! Love the colors
ReplyDeleteI love, love, love the colors!
ReplyDeleteSad you're having a break from tatting as I so enjoy seeing your results. Make sure you have a blob of cream in your coffee!!
ReplyDeleteLooks really stunning!
ReplyDeleteOh, my! This looks spectacular! I would be tempted to consider this piece 'finished' - the perfect size and perfect color combinations - and very pleasing to the eye. I have rarely seen rectangular pieces at Fairs (don't know why) and I believe this would be a winner! It's a wonderful example of classic tatted lace!
ReplyDeleteI'm always one to suggest taking a break and giving wrists a well deserved rest!
Wow, this is looking great and getting bigger too, how wonderful.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful work. Great color scheme. Would that be an antimacassar?
ReplyDeleteNo Tim it is not, very surprised you know what an antimacassar is!
Delete