In England we mark this day with bonfires and fireworks, although as the years have gone by it is less and less observed. The reason we are called to remember the 5th November is that on this day in 1605 Guy Fawkes was caught in the cellars of the Houses of Parliament, London with several dozen barrels of gunpowder. Guy Fawkes was subsequently tried as a traitor with his co-conspirators for plotting against the government . Which is the reason why a 'Guy' is made by stuffing newspaper into some old clothes to look like a man and then it is put on the top of the bonfire. Remember, remember, the 5th of November The Gunpowder Treason and plot; I see of no reason why Gunpowder Treason Should ever be forgot. So if you have stopped reading this blog by now you will not have realised that I am holding a 'giveaway' to mark this my 300th blog post, a day to remember for me and possibly you! This is what you will win when you comment giving one thing that you will remember...
So far, so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteSomehow, I missed your previous post. It sure is pretty. Maybe you were just meant to do your own thing. :-)
ReplyDeleteIt looks great! It's very difficult to cut off a huge chunk of tatting, but we all have to do it at one time or another. I'm sure your 'winging it' doily will be beautiful.
ReplyDeleteStephanieW
I am sure it will be awesome!! :) Looks wonderful so far!! :)
ReplyDeleteLove this,๐ you know I wanted to pass a doily around to the bloggers and have each one come up with a different row, one day we should do this๐
ReplyDeleteThanks Madtatter. That idea sounds a very daring but great idea! Actually I am finding this very stressful so not sure I would want to do it again, would far rather have a pattern to follow.
DeleteGood luck!
ReplyDeleteSometimes you have to. I had to. Yesterday. Didn't like it. But now it will be what you want. It will be fine. And I do like those colors!
ReplyDelete