Rain Drop with beads


I was trying to see whether this raindrop pattern would look better with a few beads, then  it could possibly be used as a Christmas decoration.   It worked well for the top one, but may be I should have used green and red beads as well as clear ones. However, I was in too much of a hurry and could not find them straight away!  The one below I substituted the button for a large bead and used two 80 threads wound together.  Instead of using chains around the edge I worked some lock chains.









I have actually finished the Renulek doily just need to get a good photograph of it. I don't find that particularly easy because of its size, but will try and show it you soon.


Comments

  1. Both are lovely, but the lower one is my favourite! Congratulations on finishing your doily, my big black Renulek is resting for a while. I was distracted by the arrivals this year of numbers 10 and 11 ( grandchildren) and I just haven't felt inclined to go back to it. I must do that soon because it could then be given to the recipient as a Christmas present.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maureen I do hope you finish your doily soon, it sounds great.

      Delete
  2. I love your interpretation of the raindrop pattern! I found the copy I printed out when I was sorting the other day, along with the printout of your joining to a button tutorial. I think there might be a message there... tat the raindrop pattern with buttons! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah to you mean Jane's new way of joining a button? There is definately a message coming through there Diane. Likewise I must do some more ice drops, there are some lovely ones being made thanks to you.

      Delete
  3. Fabulous Christmas decorations!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

100th Blog Anniversary

Renulek Doily finished

St. Andrews and Advent Giveaway